Old 03-07-2003, 06:09 AM
MBKDAK

Default FAQ in sci.bio.botany?

I have unsuccessfully scanned the last 30 days of posts for an FAQ. Is there
such a thing?
Dave Kottwitz

Old 03-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Iris Cohen

I have unsuccessfully scanned the last 30 days of posts for an FAQ. Is there
such a thing? BRBR

This is a very freeform newsgroup. There are no frequently asked questions. We
invent new ones every day.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 03-07-2003, 06:11 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

I have unsuccessfully scanned the last 30 days of posts for an FAQ. Is
there such a thing?

Iris Cohen schreef
This is a very freeform newsgroup.

There are no frequently asked questions.
We invent new ones every day.
Iris,

+ + +
Actually I was under the impression that the questions remain the same but
that we invent new answers on a continuous basis.

Note Sean Houtman's new definition of cheese as a vegetable product and
Beverly Erlebacher's new definition of a weed as anything that is killed by
a weedkiller.

[ Idly wondering what dosis of weedkiller it would take to prove that a
certain person is a weed? ]
PvR

Old 03-07-2003, 07:08 PM
Beverly Erlebacher

In article ,
P van Rijckevorsel wrote:

Note Sean Houtman's new definition of cheese as a vegetable product and

I'll let Sean defend himself, although I like several cheeses that have fungi
involved in their production, and there seems to be a lot of cheese around
that was curdled with vegetable rennet, or has plant parts in it (seeds,
fruits, leaves, etc). Not to mention the tofu 'cheese' that is around too.

Beverly Erlebacher's new definition of a weed as anything that is killed by
a weedkiller.

Not my definition. Read the label of your favorite lawn weedkiller, which
will list clover as one of the weeds killed by it. After all, they don't
list tomatoes and roses, do they?

[ Idly wondering what dosis of weedkiller it would take to prove that a
certain person is a weed? ]

I think you may have to determine that experimentally, but it might be more
effective to use a pesticide.

Old 06-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Sean Houtman

From: "P van Rijckevorsel"

Note Sean Houtman's new definition of cheese as a vegetable product and
Beverly Erlebacher's new definition of a weed as anything that is killed by
a weedkiller.

That was part of a discussion about things that eat fungal hyphae. Lots of them
on a good Brie.

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page;