Old 17-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Iris Cohen

Default primitive plant

primitive plants are not sociable?

I dunno. You get one liverwort in a pot, and before you know it, the whole
mishpocha (extended family) moves in & throws all-night parties.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 17-09-2003, 06:02 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

primitive plants are not sociable?

Iris Cohen schreef
I dunno. You get one liverwort in a pot, and before you know it, the whole
mishpocha (extended family) moves in & throws all-night parties.
Iris,

Canyons and islands don't seem natural spots for all-night parties?
Pot and parties are a natural combination (in some circles).
PvR

Old 17-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Monique Reed

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:

Canyons and islands don't seem natural spots for all-night parties?
Pot and parties are a natural combination (in some circles).
PvR

Islands not for partying? Why, then, what's a luau?

M. Reed
Old 17-09-2003, 07:02 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:
Canyons and islands don't seem natural spots for all-night parties?
Pot and parties are a natural combination (in some circles).
PvR

Monique Reed schreef
Islands not for partying? Why, then, what's a luau?

M. Reed

All right, many islands have been degraded so.
However Frank specified tough going to reach the spot ("by definition"),
which would tend to take the joy out of a party?
PvR

Old 17-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Frank Martin

I was thinking of the dinosaur palm (Wollemi Pine) which was found as a
gregarions, flippant, voluble and squabbling group at the base of a cliff in
a canyon-type area in western New South Wales (the discover(s) are cagey
about the exact location). I think one was removed and its fellows are
still mourning.

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
Frank Martin schreef
Usually in some isolated protected area such a canyon or island. Look

for
them in these places, though by definition it will be tough going.

+ + +
So, IIUC: primitive plants are not sociable?
PvR

Old 18-09-2003, 02:22 PM

On 18-Sep-2003, "Frank Martin" wrote:

I was thinking of the dinosaur palm (Wollemi Pine) which was found as a
gregarions, flippant, voluble and squabbling group at the base of a cliff
in
a canyon-type area in western New South Wales (the discover(s) are cagey
about the exact location). I think one was removed and its fellows are
still mourning.

Since these pines are all one clone, they are not so much gregarious as
self-gratifying.