Old 02-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Darren Garrison

Default Plant tissue cloning?

Any good books or web sites with info on cloning plants from smallish tissue samples at home? I'm
interested in trying to clone some rare-ish/expensive-ish venus flytrap and pitcher plant cultivars.
Back in High School, I tried and failed cloning African Violets using one of the educational cloning
kits that were just coming onto the market at the time. I've found references to several "cloning
gel" products (mostly, apparently, on pothead sites). How useful would a product like this:
http://www.hydroponics-garden.com/rootechgel4oz.html be for my purposes? My main worry is getting
bacterial/fungal contamination in the medium-- and this claims to have "antimicrobials" in the
medium.