Old 27-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Alex

Default Need to ID plant

Hi. I was given a house plant but have no idea what it is called. I'd
appreciate someone ID'ing this plant for me so I can find proper care tips
for it. I've uploaded three different images of it (from far away to close
up) to my webpage. Many thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/abs41/plant.html
Old 27-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Iris Cohen

You have a Polyscias, possibly P. balfouriana. Unfortunately, they are really
conservatory plants. Doesn't need a lot of light, but in the winter your house
may not be warm or humid enough. Watch out for spider mites and all the other
ills typical of the English ivy family.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 27-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Alex

Iris Cohen wrote:

You have a Polyscias, possibly P. balfouriana. Unfortunately, they are
really conservatory plants. Doesn't need a lot of light, but in the
winter your house may not be warm or humid enough. Watch out for
spider mites and all the other ills typical of the English ivy family.

Thank you, Iris. After a bit of browsing, it looks like my plant is
Polyscias fruticosa (Ming Aralia).