Old 10-04-2004, 07:33 PM
zircO

Default Leontopodium alpinum

Hello,

I'm currenlty looking for detailed informations about chimical
composition of Leontopodium alpinum. Do you know any website or
database (or a book, with references please) that could offer these
informations ?

Thank you gratefully,

GM
Old 11-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Iris Cohen

If you don't find much, search on its common name, Edelweiss.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Cereus-validus

Do you really believe that anyone would find any scientific studies on the
biochemistry of the plant under its common name? You must be kidding.

If the person is so out of touch with the internet that they aren't even
aware of the many botanical and biochemical databases available, even
telling them to do a Google search might be something they couldn't
comprehend.

They may as well go to the library and have the librarian hold their hand
and walk them through the very basics.

Old 19-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Qi Wang

Hello, if you have access to for example a library of chemistry department
of a good university, they should possess "Chemical Abstracts" in paper form
and recent issues in searchable CD rom. Search by "general subjects" using
"Leontopodium", you will find all major chemistry works on this species in
decades.

Qi Wang

"zircO"

Leontopodium alpinum e+d Garden Photos 0 23-08-2008 08:03 AM
Eryngium Alpinum Seeds Janice United Kingdom 3 08-01-2004 01:44 PM
Eryngium Alpinum Janice United Kingdom 4 09-09-2003 07:03 PM