Old 30-07-2004, 02:07 AM
Phillip Sherman

Default ID

I goggled this (grass?) almost to my blindness. It's a common plant in
Fl, but I failed in my efforts. It can be fond in "mysteries" album in
webshots.
TIA
Phill
--
I live in ZONE 9B-10A-SUNSET ZONE 25
The zone splits in my City

Old 30-07-2004, 08:36 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Phillip Sherman schreef
I goggled this (grass?) almost to my blindness. It's a common plant in
Fl, but I failed in my efforts. It can be fond in "mysteries" album in
webshots.

+ + +
I'd say there is a fair chance that, yes, this may be a grass.

For any close ID a picture of the inflorescence is just about a requirement,
sometimes a picture of the inside of the leaf blade meeting the sheath is
helpful.
PvR

Old 30-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Iris Cohen

I googled this (grass?) almost to my blindness. It's a common plant in Fl,
but I failed in my efforts.

Are you sure it is a member of the Poaceae? Does it ever bloom or produce
seeds? If it doesn't have hollow jointed stems, it is not a grass. If the stems
are triangular, it may be a sedge. Have you asked your local extension agent or
the U. of Florida Gainesville?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 30-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Richard Wright

Try Lemon Grass (Cymbopogon citratus).

http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katz...?Cymb_cit.html

Old 31-07-2004, 03:04 AM
MMMavocado

I'd guess johnsongrass, Sorghum halepense. Common throughout Florida, and has
that look when immature.

Old 31-07-2004, 03:13 AM
Phillip Sherman

wrote:

I goggled this (grass?) almost to my blindness. It's a common plant in
Fl, but I failed in my efforts. It can be fond in "mysteries" album in
webshots.
TIA
Phill

I think you nailed it.
http://plantsdatabase.com/showimage/1036/

I've up loaded a few more images to my album.

Thanks
Phill

--
I live in ZONE 9B-10A-SUNSET ZONE 25
The zone splits in my City
I LIVE ON THE TREASURE COAST OF FLORIDA
http://community.webshots.com/user/captphill
If you care too. You can see "MY NATURE WALK" below.
http://bogusbrothers.clicksitebuilder.com/

Old 31-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Phillip Sherman

MMMavocado wrote:
I'd guess johnsongrass,(NO) Sorghum halepense.(NO) Common throughout Florida, and has
that look when immature.