Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Peter

Default Can anyone identify this Mich. wildflower? - DSCF0005.JPG (1/1) [443K]

Looks like a Mullein - Verbascum. Difficult to say which one without an
open flower, preferably in close up, and a view of the leaves.. Possibly
Great Mullein, Verbascum thapsus.

Peter

"brad" wrote in message
This just popped up this year in my backyard this year. A neighbor said it
was milkweed, but it doesn't look like any of the pics I've seen. It is
over
6 ft tall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Old 13-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Sean Houtman

"Peter" wrote in
:

"brad" wrote in message
This just popped up this year in my backyard this year. A
neighbor said it was milkweed, but it doesn't look like any of
the pics I've seen. It is over
6 ft tall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be V. thapsus.

By the way, this isn't a binary group, you should post links to an
FTP location rather than the group itself.

Sean