Old 15-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Spring cleaning

I am fixing to start my big pond back up. I had shut everything down after
the stray had eaten all my fish. I got to do some cleaning in my midget pond
to.
Should I just try and get all the leaves out or drain some of the water to?
Wheres Jerri at?
Priss

Old 18-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Jerrispond

Should I just try and get all the leaves out or drain some of the water to?
Wheres Jerri at?

Sorry Priss been back in the hospital. . ..more heart surgery,,,,been out
less than 2 weeks, and still resting up....thanks for the email, nice to know
I've been missed.....First take about 25% of your water out....then take out
all the leaves and other winter junk that fell in, then refil. If you are going
to refil it all in one day, or if your water has chlorimine in it make sure to
put the anti chlor in it. If you have string algea in it give it a shot of
alum ( 1/4 teaspoon per 1000 gallons) As soon as possible get one of each of
water lettuce and water hyacinth.....you remember how fast they grow so for
your ponds one or two will be enough Love to you Jerri

Old 18-03-2003, 06:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
As soon as possible get one of each of
water lettuce and water hyacinth.....you remember how fast they grow so

for
your ponds one or two will be enough

1 or 2 for what size pond?

BV.

Old 18-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Jerrispond

water lettuce and water hyacinth.....you remember how fast they grow sofor
your ponds one or two will be enough

1 or 2 for what size pond?

Depends on what else is in there.....for a 1000 gallon pond with a lily or 2
....... I have a 10,000 koi pond that I put 5 or 6 in.....but the koi eat them
and I have to rotate the plants in and out of the veggie filter to grow new
roots. In my lily/goldfish pond that is probably about 1000 galoons and has
lots of lilies 1 is plenty.....Jerri

Old 21-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Priscilla McCullough

You need to tell people when you go in hospital so I can mail you a get well
card!
Hopefully it will stay dry enough this weekend for me to be able to do
something in my ponds.
Everytime I have planned to start cleaning it floods that weekend.
I have to go to the nursery and get some hyacinth. The water ettuce hasn't
done good here. They get eaten up by some kind of little bugs and then gets
all mushy.
Priss