Old 18-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Bonnie from NJ

Just had a look about on your pond page.
Great job!!! The ponds looks great!!
I want to do a small water fall on mine.
I have a small pond which is only 4x11 and 2 1/2 deep so I don't need
anything elaborate.
Did you get your idea from the water fall off of a site or do you know of
any site that could give me ideas?
I am new at this so I would need something step by step.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 18-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Priscilla McCullough wrote:
Just had a look about on your pond page.
Great job!!! The ponds looks great!!
I want to do a small water fall on mine.
I have a small pond which is only 4x11 and 2 1/2 deep so I don't need
anything elaborate.
Did you get your idea from the water fall off of a site or do you know of
any site that could give me ideas?
I am new at this so I would need something step by step.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Hi Priss,

I'm not sure where I got the idea. I wanted a basin between
the upper pond and the lower pond. I used the dirt from the
upper pond to form a basin. I've re-done the first
waterfall about three times and I didn't want to go through
that again.
I checked out your pond and I was wondering what you did
with the dirt. If you moved it to another area of your yard
perhaps you could move it back, shape it and then drape it
with a liner and top with rocks. You could also form a
waterfall with cement blocks then mound the dirt around the
blocks cover with liner and then put stone and rocks around
to give it a natural look.
Waterfalls are notourious for leaks - it is very important
to have one liner cover the whole thing. Make sure the
water is going to flow where you want it before you add all
the rocks - so you don't have to remove them and start over
again.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Thanks Bonnie.
When I dug my pond I really wasn't thinking about doing a waterfall then, so
I took the dirt and filled in low spots in the yard. I guess I can always
buy some bags of dirt. lol
Priss

Old 22-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Bob H

Check with a landscape supply (places where you get bark mulch) they usually
have soil, you would want something with clay I would think so it would pack
down....anyway, they usually deliver for a minimum amount and you should be
able to get 8-10 cubic yards for about $100. I suspect the same amount in
little bags at $4 or $5 each might balance the federal budget :-).

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
[...]

rec. birds - and ping Bonnie figaro Ponds 4 18-08-2004 02:14 PM
Hurricane Bonnie Mike Patterson Ponds 3 13-08-2004 10:21 PM
Hurricane Bonnie Benign Vanilla Ponds 6 13-08-2004 10:21 PM
Color me DISCOURAGED! Bonnie - Stabbing fish????? ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 9 27-06-2003 03:44 AM
Bonnie? Fish for Adoption? Bonnie Espenshade Ponds 6 06-05-2003 12:44 PM