Old 18-08-2004, 01:55 AM
figaro

Default rec. birds - and ping Bonnie

From: Bonnie
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:38:45 GMT
Subject: rec. birds - and ping Bonnie

Ka30P wrote:
I've visited them also.
I have a heron and kingfisher visit my pond.
My labradors scolded the heron and it left.
I've tricked the kingfisher with a decoy but now
I let him take what he needs as he only visits for
a month every winter.

Bonnie, do tell more about the aviary!

kathy :-)
algae primer

A friend has canaries that live outdoors year round and
Ralph finally said it would be nice to be able to listen
to them, so we are in the process of constructing an aviary.
Hopefully it will be finished in September and we'll get
our birds then. It is 6' sq and 8' tall with a double entry
door. The sides and bottom are 1/2" hardware cloth with a
sloped shingled roof.
If I ever figure out how to add more photos to my web site,
I'll put some up ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ

Hey Bonnie, here in Southern California we have a problem with a pox virus
that infects canaries. They cannot be kept outdoors since mosquitos are the
vector. It is a fatal disease that is highly communicable and will kill
entire flocks of canaries. Some may survive but most die a painful death.
Please ask your vet about canary pox in your area just to be safe. I have
not raised canaries for a decade and they may have a vaccine now.

Old 18-08-2004, 01:55 AM
figaro

Old 18-08-2004, 01:55 AM
figaro

Old 18-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Bonnie

figaro wrote:

Hey Bonnie, here in Southern California we have a problem with a pox virus
that infects canaries. They cannot be kept outdoors since mosquitos are the
vector. It is a fatal disease that is highly communicable and will kill
entire flocks of canaries. Some may survive but most die a painful death.
Please ask your vet about canary pox in your area just to be safe. I have
not raised canaries for a decade and they may have a vaccine now.

Thank you, I'll ask about that!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Bonnie

figaro wrote:

Hey Bonnie, here in Southern California we have a problem with a pox virus
that infects canaries. They cannot be kept outdoors since mosquitos are the
vector. It is a fatal disease that is highly communicable and will kill
entire flocks of canaries. Some may survive but most die a painful death.
Please ask your vet about canary pox in your area just to be safe. I have
not raised canaries for a decade and they may have a vaccine now.

Thank you, I'll ask about that!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Ping Bonnie in NJ Phyllis and Jim Ponds (moderated) 0 02-05-2007 07:29 AM
Hurricane Bonnie Mike Patterson Ponds 3 13-08-2004 10:21 PM
Color me DISCOURAGED! Bonnie - Stabbing fish????? ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 9 27-06-2003 03:44 AM
Bonnie? Fish for Adoption? Bonnie Espenshade Ponds 6 06-05-2003 12:44 PM
Bonnie from NJ Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 3 22-03-2003 11:20 AM