Old 10-08-2003, 10:02 AM
April1201

Default Pond pictures and update

It's a very nice setup, with lots of hard work, but why don't you raise the
water level up to the granite so the black liner doesn't show so much?
---------------------------------
Subject: Pond pictures and update
From: "Chrissy"
Date: 07/22/2003 9:01 AM Pacific Standard Time

Dont know if some of you may remember me posting. I was one of the ones
that had dirt in my water. Well we had to drain it out, got out all the
rocks in the pond and set it back up again. In the meantime we transferred
our Comets over to a holding tank and lost 3 of them due to the excessive
heat in the house while getting the pond back in shape to put them into
again. We had 11, lost one due to a fallen rock into the pond, and lost 3
more in the tank. We now have 7 left and they are growing so big. We will
be getting a few more Comets soon once the water clears up a bit, I'm
crossing fingers here.

Out of all the plants that we had in there from those small baskets you can
get at some pet stores, only the Hardy Lilies have grown. We have about 8
or so lily pads, and our first blossom appeared today, of all days. Its
murky here in Massachusetts today and stormy. It brightened up my day
though, as I was awaiting it to bloom :0)

After draining the pond by using the pump and a long hose attached to it we
set it back up after washing down the liner. Of course it poured almost the
whole week after we set it up again and more mud got in there before we
could fully finish putting the rock border around the edges to keep the
liner in place. We now have murky but its also looking pea soup green as
well, which it was never doing before. So I'm happy even with the Algae
bloom in the water, so I know at least its getting sunlight so to speak. I
have tried using the Python that I have for our tanks in the house but its
not picking up the dirt, so I may have to get a wet/dry vac or something. I
was thinking about adding some of those marbles for aquariums to put in the
lower ends of the pond so if I need to get in there I dont slip on the
liner.

Anyways, I have added some pictures of it up on our website if any of you
would like to take a look and let me know any ideas on what to put up around
the taller sides of the pond along the top shelf for plants or whatever.

am posting pictures of arrivals in Fairy Holler on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens cardarch Gardening 13 14-04-2006 03:10 AM
UpDate pond pictures Wilmdale Ponds 1 24-12-2005 09:54 PM
attempts to post pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens madgardener Gardening 6 02-09-2005 04:43 PM
more attempted sending of pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens madgardener Gardening 4 02-09-2005 07:08 AM
Pond pictures and update Chrissy Ponds 17 31-07-2003 01:13 AM