Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default it sure is quiet

well winter came back and high winds and the plastic got ripped off the
pond. with the heater in the pond it is still 60 or so and I got the
plastic back over the pond and used a couple of those outdoor plastic chairs
to hold the plastic down. Sheesh. SPRING COME BACK, WE MISS YOU ALREADY.
so where is everyone???
Ingrid

Old 06-04-2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"drsolo" wrote in message
.com...
well winter came back and high winds and the plastic got ripped off the
pond. with the heater in the pond it is still 60 or so and I got the
plastic back over the pond and used a couple of those outdoor plastic
chairs
to hold the plastic down. Sheesh. SPRING COME BACK, WE MISS YOU
ALREADY.
so where is everyone???
Ingrid

Well, you know what they say about this time of year - if you don't like
the weather, stick around. It'll change. Next week will be better.

George

Old 06-04-2007, 06:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:25:36 CST, "drsolo" wrote:

well winter came back and high winds and the plastic got ripped off the
pond. with the heater in the pond it is still 60 or so and I got the
plastic back over the pond and used a couple of those outdoor plastic chairs
to hold the plastic down. Sheesh. SPRING COME BACK, WE MISS YOU ALREADY.
so where is everyone???
Ingrid

While you are fighting the return of winter (or it's last hoopla we
hope)... we finally got warm here in the PNW and have been out raking the
leaves. Today I finally feel like I can move on to other pursuits. I've got
almost a dozen bags full of leaves, not counting the 30+ we filled last
fall. The largest tree, planted too close to the house before we moved
here, is being removed. We planted other trees further out years ago, one's
that don't grow as large nor are as messy as a silver maple, so hopefully
our yard work will lessen.

My biggest rant of the day though is the up wind (anti-frog) neighbor's
have a sycamore and those leaves are a bear to work with. I wish they'd
keep their "pet" in their own yard. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: