Old 15-04-2007, 12:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default turtle in a koi pond

"Dan Robinson" wrote in message
t...
Thanks for all the responses so far. In my koi pond I would build a small
floating area that he would be able to climb onto. Something like an old
partially submerged log anchored to the middle of the pond. Unless the
turtle could get a running start and learn to jump it is unlikely that he
would be able to use that as a way to hop out of that pond ;-) As to
hurting koi that is my main question. In the tank he is currently living
I placed a few gambusia and a bullfrog tadpole. So far he seems to ignore
them. I think he has consumed a fair number of smaller snails I tossed in
there.

===========================
A baby slider found our smaller 880+ pond and ate the same pellets the fish
ate. He grew like crazy. We released him in a the nearby lake the
following year.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Photos of my Turtle Island (RES in a koi pond) Dan Robinson Ponds (moderated) 13 21-07-2007 03:22 PM
Turtle Pond KerplunKuK Ponds 0 08-03-2004 07:36 PM
Turtle pond KerplunKuK Ponds (alternative) 0 08-03-2004 07:17 PM
koi and plants? depends on the pond size.... and the koi's diet... adavisus Ponds 3 07-08-2003 08:22 AM
Filterless Turtle Pond? Sue Alexandre Ponds 9 21-05-2003 07:08 PM