Old 05-06-2007, 03:10 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pond Pump

I have a 1200gal pond and the pump i use keeps getting clogged with stuff`,
cutting down on the flow.Getting to be a chore. Its a 1200gph pump so it
sucks pretty good. Is there a simple solution to this? Also does anybody
recommend what size tubing/pipe i should use with this pump? Thanks
papa63

Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Paul" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 1200gal pond and the pump i use keeps getting clogged with stuff`,
cutting down on the flow.Getting to be a chore. Its a 1200gph pump so it
sucks pretty good. Is there a simple solution to this? Also does anybody
recommend what size tubing/pipe i should use with this pump? Thanks

I used a tip someone else posted about.. we use two of those open mesh pond
planting baskets, with a hole in the top for the cord and hose. Attach them
together with zip ties.

You'll probably have to get the bigger planters, but get the zip ties at
walmart instead of lowes or home depot, because they are cheaper there.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 05-06-2007, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Paul" wrote in message
I have a 1200gal pond and the pump i use keeps getting clogged with stuff`,
cutting down on the flow.Getting to be a chore. Its a 1200gph pump so it
sucks pretty good. Is there a simple solution to this? Also does anybody
recommend what size tubing/pipe i should use with this pump? Thanks

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:01:06 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:

I used a tip someone else posted about.. we use two of those open mesh pond
planting baskets, with a hole in the top for the cord and hose. Attach them
together with zip ties.

You'll probably have to get the bigger planters, but get the zip ties at
walmart instead of lowes or home depot, because they are cheaper there.

Right on, and here's a pictu
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/koipond/photos/set1/09.jpg
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:10:41 CST, "Paul" wrote:

Also does anybody
recommend what size tubing/pipe i should use with this pump? Thanks
papa63

My 1200 gph pump came with a 1" male tube fitting and the instructions
told me to use a flex tubing of that size. I prefer 1 1/2" ABS pipe,
even though it has elbows, it delivers flow adequate for my needs.

Regards,

Hal

Old 05-06-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Paul wrote:
I have a 1200gal pond and the pump i use keeps getting clogged with
stuff`, cutting down on the flow.Getting to be a chore. Its a 1200gph
pump so it sucks pretty good. Is there a simple solution to this?
Also does anybody recommend what size tubing/pipe i should use with
this pump? Thanks papa63

Clogged with 'what' stuff, and how often?
--
ßōyžėtė
London, UK

Old 09-06-2007, 02:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Paul wrote:
I have a 1200gal pond and the pump i use keeps getting clogged with
stuff`, cutting down on the flow.Getting to be a chore. Its a 1200gph
pump so it sucks pretty good. Is there a simple solution to this?
Also does anybody recommend what size tubing/pipe i should use with
this pump? Thanks papa63

Clogged with 'what' stuff, and how often?
--

Try putting some sort of screen out in front of the filter? Something
you can just pull out quickly and dump the debris?

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.
Almost entirely harmless. Really.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

Old 09-06-2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Cyli" wrote in message

Try putting some sort of screen out in front of the filter? Something
you can just pull out quickly and dump the debris?

I tried that for a number of months.. the screening gets clogged in a day,
and you are constantly yanking the pump out to clear it. SO much easier tio
build the mesh planter cage, and clean that once ever few weeks.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 10-06-2007, 11:32 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 11:15:09 CST, "Gareee©"
wrote:

"Cyli" wrote in message
.. .

Try putting some sort of screen out in front of the filter? Something
you can just pull out quickly and dump the debris?

I tried that for a number of months.. the screening gets clogged in a day,
and you are constantly yanking the pump out to clear it. SO much easier tio
build the mesh planter cage, and clean that once ever few weeks.

Yes. I didn't mean to attach it to the filter or pump, but to make a
box around the filter out of screening that could be lifted out,
shaken clean and popped right back over the filter.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.
Almost entirely harmless. Really.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Zone 6...To Pump or not to pump? BenignVanilla Ponds 6 10-03-2004 11:18 PM
Pump in or Pump out? Szpond Ponds 5 15-11-2003 05:32 PM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Brian White sci.agriculture 24 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Oz sci.agriculture 13 18-02-2003 05:42 AM