Old 14-06-2007, 06:13 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default OT Out of Africa

I am sorry if the hunting pic hs been offensive to some of rpm.

I share the view that it is fine for us to have some OT posts about
activities...or I would not have posted.

Additionally, I do not want to have a post be unnecessarily offensive
or too prolonged.

In particular, I don't want to have a post about an activity become a
matter of substantial controversy. That shifts the forum from a pond
discussion group with various social elements to a group for debating
hunting. I am cheerful to move further discussion of hunting off the
board. We would benefit by not having a notice thread become a focus
of debate or controversy.

Jim

Old 14-06-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article .com,
Phyllis and Jim wrote:

I am sorry if the hunting pic hs been offensive to some of rpm.

I share the view that it is fine for us to have some OT posts about
activities...or I would not have posted.

Additionally, I do not want to have a post be unnecessarily offensive
or too prolonged.

In particular, I don't want to have a post about an activity become a
matter of substantial controversy. That shifts the forum from a pond
discussion group with various social elements to a group for debating
hunting. I am cheerful to move further discussion of hunting off the
board. We would benefit by not having a notice thread become a focus
of debate or controversy.

Jim

OT is fine, but we need to be aware of sensitive issues. My fish are my
pets, too.
I also work in the Pet Industry (I designed and am co-managing
PetSource.org - We also hope to expand our Aquatic area soon to include
all things related to ponds).
Content is being updated daily for our hard launch in July.

Old 14-06-2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Petsource.org... was OT Out of Africa

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:36:53 CST, Kurt wrote:

I also work in the Pet Industry (I designed and am co-managing
PetSource.org - We also hope to expand our Aquatic area soon to include
all things related to ponds).
Content is being updated daily for our hard launch in July.

Cool. Looking forward to this, anything to further the hobby.

Btw, There is a BIG hole in the Tri-City area for a water gardening store,
if any franchise or enterprising person is looking for a great place to
live, good schools, good land prices, etc. Cities and surrounding area has
a population of about 250-300,000. Currently all we have are nurseries, and
one sky high, no plants, pond shop.... and a few pet shops with few pond
supplies. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread: