Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-07-2007, 12:38 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jme Jme is offline

Default Pond Plantings

Hello All,

I have three water-retention ponds in my community, each about 1.25
acres in size. I'm located in the Southeast corner of Wisconsin.

For three years, the ponds were virtually unmanaged. Now we are
reclaiming them again. We had a terrible amount of cattail in each,
so much so you could not see the ponds. We have reduced the cattail
to less than 30% for each pond, and are now looking into useful
plantings.

The ideal planting is one that will help us define the edge of the
pond, keeping it looking natural, and something that will not grow
more than 36" tall, so homeowners can still see the ponds.

Being on a limited budget, we're looking for something natural yet
more pleasing to the eye than cattail.

The Internet is full of great ideas, so much so that the choices are
daunting. Given the experts here, I thought I would pose the question
in hopes of narrowing down the field of selection.....

Thanks!

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Getting prepped for Mass Plantings of Bamboos.. suggestions and advice??? RainLover Bamboo 6 11-03-2005 08:25 PM
Bed layouts & companion plantings mypet Gardening 2 17-05-2004 01:02 AM
dry plantings??? Lee Gardening 2 04-09-2003 09:23 PM
Help with dune/sand plantings Sherri Gardening 2 03-09-2003 12:12 PM
How much water for new plantings? chirisophus Gardening 1 05-07-2003 06:20 AM