Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2007, 08:52 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pond project update (or lack of)

Well, nothing has happened with the excavation since my last time of
writing....not because I haven't been itching to get on with it BUT
because the English summer has been so dire this year that the weather
hasn't been conducive to pond digging. The frustrating bit is that since
early July I've only had 1 to 2 days worth of work left to do on the
pond.....the forecast for this weekend looks OK (dry and not too hot) so
hopefully I will get it to a stage where I can get some water in there.

Now, I'm working on the fact that it is too late in the season to even
contemplate fish but I was wondering about plants......from the fact
that even the smallest puddle in my garden gets adopted by frogs I'm
guessing that once filled with water the pond will attract frogs so I
want a decent environment for them to enable them to overwinter. Can
anyone suggest any plants that I could introduce this late in the season
that would survive the winter?

TIA
Gill

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Project update: New Bed -- Phase 1 done! JNJ Gardening 0 08-07-2003 04:20 AM
project 2003 update John Rutz Ponds 3 10-06-2003 12:56 AM
project 20023 update John Rutz Ponds 4 29-04-2003 06:08 PM