Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Will mosquitofish survive with a partial pool cover?

Mosquitofish are taking care of a large pool at my mother's house in
Southern California (which she couldn't maintain anymore), and we are
thinking about putting a pool cover on a portion of it. Would the
mosquitofish still survive if we cover 90% of the pool? We would leave a
section open, of course, so that they could still feed a little bit.
Although I'm not sure if the cover would make the water too warm or deprive
the water with not enough sunlight or larvae food to sustain the fish?

Rate This Thread: