Old 27-02-2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Very Slow Pump for bog garden

The web is loaded with cheap high-volume pumps for ponds and many
things.

Well, I have that. What I don't have is a pump for my new project: a
small bog garden.
I want a pump with delivery measured in gallons (just a few) per day,
not gallons per minute or hour.

The best I can come up with is very specialized "metering" pumps that
cost several hundred dollars.
I realize there isn't much call for this sort of thing, but it seems
like somebody somewhere
has such an animal.

2 gallons per day at a head of 5 to 10 feet would be lovely. I just
want to keep the dirt wet.
No waterfalls. No splashes.

Anybody got any hints on this?

Hayden

Old 28-02-2009, 12:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Ed Ed is offline

You can use a small "regular" pump if you just divert some of the water. Put
a "T" in your discharge line coming from the pump. One side of the "T" goes
to your bog while the majority of the discharge goes back to the source. Add
a valve on each line to refine your control. It is easy to have as little
water as you want going to the bog.
--
Ed

Old 28-02-2009, 01:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Well, I have that. What I don't have is a pump for my new project: a
small bog garden.
I want a pump with delivery measured in gallons (just a few) per day,
not gallons per minute or hour.

2 gallons per day at a head of 5 to 10 feet would be lovely. I just
want to keep the dirt wet. No waterfalls. No splashes.

Anybody got any hints on this?
Hayden

Small pump on a timer? ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

How about one of those black trickle hoses?

Phyllis

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

MUFFLER,very,very,very LOUD [email protected] Lawns 7 21-09-2006 06:13 PM
Bog garden Richard Holub Ponds 38 06-03-2004 04:28 AM
Bog Garden: Episode II BenignVanilla Ponds 28 04-03-2004 10:37 AM
Bog garden Muriel Ponds 1 20-01-2004 06:02 AM
Problem Area - Bog Garden? Bot Grl Gardening 9 24-02-2003 02:51 AM