Old 25-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered User

Default New pond , no idea

Hi , I currently have a 2'x4' pond made from a plasters bath, have had it installed for a couple of years now and suprisingly has done really well and the only time i have lost a fish was when i sucked one up a hose by mistake.
I have apprx 18 fish in this , goldfish mainly and are now approx 4" - 8" long.
I would really love to start digging a new one , i have an idea of where i want to place it and what i want it to look like. My garden is on a slight slope and i really dont know where to start or what liner to use , what pump or filer etc etc.
Was wondering if i was to post pics of what i have and what i want to achieve and what dimensions , would someone be able to advise me of the things i need ? please ?
Actually , dont even know if i can put pics on here...so maybe on to a no hoper straight away.
Thanks anyway and great to see a forum for this sort of thing on the web.
Old 26-04-2009, 03:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I am sure lots of us would be glad to advise! Maybe you could post
the pics in another location and we could go look at them.

Jim

Old 26-04-2009, 03:00 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:26:35 EDT, guyman
wrote:

Hi , I currently have a 2'x4' pond made from a plasters bath, have had
I would really love to start digging a new one ,
Was wondering if i was to post pics of what i have

Can't post pictures here unfortunately. Most of us use a website or
photobucket or ... not sure what else is out there. Hopefully someone else
can direct you as we'd love to help. ~ jan

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 28-04-2009, 03:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

In article ,
guyman wrote:

[...]

You can post pix as binaries to newsgroups (many of us see this outside
Google), but takes some instruction and software.
Better to host on a free service like Photobucket and then post links.

You have quite a lot of fish for such a small pond (oxygen at a
premium), so good to get a bigger pond because the fish will continue to
grow.

The heavy butyl liner they now sell at Home depot is good. Better to
find a place that specializes in ponds. You also will want a padding to
go underneath it. Some use old carpets, but I bought mine from the pond
supply I use locally.

Here's my pond:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ory/pond-10.jp

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ory/pond-11.jp

(If you are seeing this in Google make sure you get the full link with
...jpg on the end)

I am using a 3000 GPH pump with a waterfall filter built into the rocks.
Overkill allowed me to use larger (1.5" tubing) which get me that nice
gushing waterfall.
About 18 large goldfish. Water stays clean.

Hope this is a start.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

ingenious idea, or terribly stupid idea? Bob Texas 6 10-03-2005 12:41 AM
New Pond Cleaning Idea? BenignVanilla Ponds 6 30-03-2004 11:35 PM
Old aluminium roof under pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 4 29-01-2003 08:03 PM
Old aluminium roof on top of pond liner,good idea or not? please [email protected] Ponds 0 28-01-2003 06:33 PM
Old aluminium roof on top of pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 2 28-01-2003 06:00 PM