Old 24-05-2010, 12:59 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Pool floor clearer head for berm pond

One of our berm ponds (4 x 8) has small fish in it and needs a clean
out. The usual process is simply to pull the plants and then to drain
the pond via the 2" cleanout in its base. Takes 10 minutes. I
ignored the muck last year, so it is several inches deep.

We have a flat pool cleaner head and a pool hose. I tried pulling the
plants and then using a net to grab the larger junk from the bottom of
the pond. After that I tried using the head to 'sweep' the floor of
the pond. It did a great job of grabbing the muck. The end of the
pool hose alone pulls only from a small area. The flat pool tool
pulls from all its edges and cleans a strip at a time. We had to let
the muck re-settle a couple of times, by we were able to pull
virtually all the much fdrom the pond without fully draining it and
losing the small ones.

Jim

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

A berm pond - what's that? Marco Schwarz Ponds (moderated) 10 05-08-2007 11:12 PM
Replacement Weed-Wacker Head: "Grass Gator Load n' Cut" fixed 4 line head - Any Good ? Robert11 Lawns 1 05-07-2005 10:35 AM
Berm Plantings Mark Gardening 2 28-06-2005 08:53 PM
How do I make my pond water clearer? Michael Shaffer Ponds 3 30-08-2003 07:32 AM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM