Old 26-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Bryan

Default Pool water in pond?

Getting ready to put away the pool for the winter, all ready, and was
curious if the water would be OK to top off ponds? Obviously the chlorine
content would be higher than say normal city tap water, but is it too high?
I only have lilies and goldfish in the ponds. I'd be adding probably 10-20%
of the total capacity of the pond with the pool water. I have well water, so
no chlorine in water to begin with.

Bryan

Old 27-07-2005, 12:24 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Getting ready to put away the pool for the winter, all ready, and was
curious if the water would be OK to top off ponds? Obviously the chlorine
content would be higher than say normal city tap water, but is it too high?
I only have lilies and goldfish in the ponds. I'd be adding probably 10-20%
of the total capacity of the pond with the pool water. I have well water, so
no chlorine in water to begin with.

Bryan

Pool water, I would think, would be very hard and contain a lot of build-up
of chemicals/salts/metals. Because it is never removed, just made up for
evaporation. I wouldn't use it. I wonder what the nitrate level of pool
water would be? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 27-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Gib

"Bryan" wrote in message
. ..
Getting ready to put away the pool for the winter, all ready, and was
curious if the water would be OK to top off ponds?

Why bother, are you worried that your well will run dry?

--
"It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone
collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is

Old 27-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Bryan

"Gib" wrote in message news:3aBFe.5682$6M3.986@trnddc03...
"Bryan" wrote in message
. ..
Getting ready to put away the pool for the winter, all ready, and was
curious if the water would be OK to top off ponds?

Why bother, are you worried that your well will run dry?

Not so worried as running dry, but why run a pump for an hour or so to get
water when I all ready have pumped water sitting out.

Old 27-07-2005, 02:54 AM
RichToyBox

I know it doesn't take very many days for the chlorine to dissipate from a
pool. I would wait until the pool chlorine level is zero before pumping any
of it into the pond. Chlorine is a killer.
--
RichToyBox

"Bryan" wrote in message

"Gib" wrote in message news:3aBFe.5682$6M3.986@trnddc03...
. ..

Old 27-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Bryan" wrote in message
Not so worried as running dry, but why run a pump for an hour or so to get
water when I all ready have pumped water sitting out.

Pool water can have a very different PH then your pond water. I would check
before using it to top off your ponds. In fact I would use it in the garden
or on the lawn before using it to top off a pond containing fish.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b