Old 30-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Growth tossed

Today we tossed five bushels of plants out of our berm ponds. Nutrients
that are not growing algae! Hyacinth, celery, mostly.

Mississippi is HOT. The koi hang out under the plants a lot of the
time. We thought they might use the 7' deep well, but find that the
circulation makes that about the same temp as enerywhere else. Shade
beats depth.

Enjoy your ponds.

Jim

Old 30-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Bill Stock

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Today we tossed five bushels of plants out of our berm ponds. Nutrients
that are not growing algae! Hyacinth, celery, mostly.

Mississippi is HOT. The koi hang out under the plants a lot of the
time. We thought they might use the 7' deep well, but find that the
circulation makes that about the same temp as enerywhere else. Shade
beats depth.

Enjoy your ponds.

Jim

Glad to hear your plants are growing. My WH are doing solitary this long
weekend, crowed into an old wash tub filled with 20-20-20 and water.

Old 31-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Today we tossed five bushels of plants out of our berm ponds. Nutrients
that are not growing algae! Hyacinth, celery, mostly.

Mississippi is HOT. The koi hang out under the plants a lot of the
time. We thought they might use the 7' deep well, but find that the
circulation makes that about the same temp as enerywhere else. Shade
beats depth.

Enjoy your ponds.

Jim

Glad to hear your plants are growing. My WH are doing solitary this long
weekend, crowed into an old wash tub filled with 20-20-20 and water.

=================================
A handful of Ironite would help green them up. Any Lowe's or Home Depot
should have it.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 31-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Bill Stock

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
Today we tossed five bushels of plants out of our berm ponds. Nutrients
that are not growing algae! Hyacinth, celery, mostly.

Mississippi is HOT. The koi hang out under the plants a lot of the
time. We thought they might use the 7' deep well, but find that the
circulation makes that about the same temp as enerywhere else. Shade
beats depth.

Enjoy your ponds.

Jim

Glad to hear your plants are growing. My WH are doing solitary this long
weekend, crowed into an old wash tub filled with 20-20-20 and water.

=================================
A handful of Ironite would help green them up. Any Lowe's or Home Depot
should have it.

Thanks, not sure what Ironite is, but they got a squirt of Trace Elements
(mostly Iron) as well. I use it in the Aquariums.

Old 31-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

[...]

That should work. :-) If plants lack iron they will not have that nice
healthy green color. Since our soil here is deficient in iron and alkaline,
I buy the 50 lb bags of Ironite. When I pot up my pond plants I add a few
ounces to the soil - per pot.