Old 01-08-2005, 01:32 AM
kathy

Default pond blogging on a sunday

Good grief the water lettuce has taken over
the pond and is making moves to break for the
house! It looks like you can walk across it.
Turtles do not seem to like to eat water lettuce
but they are sure enjoying the water hyacinth.

The hornwort, which started as a sprog, has
also gone gonzo.

The poor water liles are really working to get
to the surface.

The Frog Bog is stuffed full of plants run amuck!

I have a two week break between summer and fall
quarters coming up and there are plants on the
hit list.

But that will have to get slipped in with the main
project - deBanding the Family Room. The band is
all headed off to college and their stuff is going
back to their homes for the school break. I'm talking
skate boards, goodwill stage clothes, wigs, boxes
of cds, buttons, stickers, T shirts, drums, guitars,
speakers, cords and an organ (never thought of
an organ as punk did you?) The only thing that gets to
stay belongs to the bass guitarist, mine own kid,
and he has two guitars, three speakers and the PA
system down there).

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 01-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Bill Stock

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Good grief the water lettuce has taken over
the pond and is making moves to break for the
house! It looks like you can walk across it.

My Water Lettuce is by no means taking over, but the birds DO love to walk
on it. They use it as a boat so they can bath in the middle of the pond. A
few unfortunate birds who have tried this with the Water Hyacinth have
drowned. The WH is much more tippy.

Old 01-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Reel McKoi

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Good grief the water lettuce has taken over
the pond and is making moves to break for the
house! It looks like you can walk across it.
Turtles do not seem to like to eat water lettuce
but they are sure enjoying the water hyacinth.

=========================
The worms in my compost pile grow fat and healthy on our excess water
lettuce and hyacinth. The koi and large GF then enjoy a worm snack - one of
their favorites.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 01-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Greg Cooper

Lucky you - my pond just does not get enough sun to keep the water
lettuce happy.

kathy wrote:

Good grief the water lettuce has taken over
the pond and is making moves to break for the
house!

Blogging favorite pond books kathy Ponds 2 12-09-2005 02:09 AM
blogging the water strider kathy Ponds 4 05-08-2005 11:55 PM
blogging the rat-tail maggot kathy Ponds 2 16-07-2005 05:16 AM
blogging bladderwort kathy Ponds 0 09-07-2005 06:00 PM
blogging dragonflies this week! kathy Ponds 3 21-05-2005 06:06 AM