Old 05-08-2005, 06:55 PM
kathy

Default blogging the water strider

This week's blog entry, the water strider!

On the homefront, DH and youngest computer geek
got home safe and sound from their 50 mile hike
and didn't run into the fire burning in north
central Washington (heard that on Fox News one
night, talk about heart stopping, until I
figured out exactly where it was...)

100+ temps here but the ponds and critters are
doing well. After a high stakes teacher's test
I have two weeks off from school - yipee!!

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week's entry - water striders!
Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 05-08-2005, 07:15 PM
bbrown9506

Very Cool Photo--I have yet to see anything like that here in So Cal!
Not sure we have them but hope we do and hope they pay the pond a
visit! Very cool shot

Old 05-08-2005, 07:33 PM
kathy

Will have to confess here that most of the pictures
are taken from google images. Anything that
I identify as at my pond, youngest son will have taken.

Your pictures are great! Do you have a special
lense to get as close as you did with the orange
dragon fly or frog picture?

k :-)

Old 05-08-2005, 07:44 PM
San Diego Joe

"bbrown9506" wrote:

Very Cool Photo--I have yet to see anything like that here in So Cal!
Not sure we have them but hope we do and hope they pay the pond a
visit! Very cool shot

You'll be happy to know we have them. I see one that seems to live by the
mouth of my skimmer. He darts in and out when I clean it.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:55 PM
bbrown9506

"Your pictures are great! Do you have a special
lense to get as close as you did with the orange
dragon fly or frog picture?"

Thank you very much---just a Sony Digital Camera! A old one at that,
only 2.1 Mega-Pixels! Cant wait to upgrade to a 5MP....then the photos
will be even crisper....I use a lot of my shots from the blog and pond
as wallpaper, reminds me of home and gives me tranquility

blogging the aquatic snail kathy Ponds 1 21-08-2005 10:20 PM
pond blogging on a sunday kathy Ponds 3 01-08-2005 08:34 AM
blogging the rat-tail maggot kathy Ponds 2 16-07-2005 05:16 AM
blogging bladderwort kathy Ponds 0 09-07-2005 06:00 PM
blogging dragonflies this week! kathy Ponds 3 21-05-2005 06:06 AM