Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Broadback

Default wild life pond info

Well I have dug my (UK) pond and will start putting the protective
matting above and below on Monday. As I will be putting soil and
pebbles (large, no stones here) in it, any advice on whether it is put
in before or after the water? Also we live in a hard water area so is
it worth filling it with rainwater (that will take quite a while even
though I will divert it from the roof house) or will tap water left for
a couple of weeks be as good?
Also any suggestions for British plants, both for the deep part and the
foot deep edges?
TIA
John