Old 07-09-2005, 06:20 PM

Default toilet valve question

I am going to try the toilet valve to create a auto top off system for
my barrel.

Do I just go to hardware store and buy the whole toilet valve assembly
with the floating ball, etc?

How do I make it stand on my barrel?

Is there smaller sized valve available so that it won't take up so much
space?

Old 08-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I am going to try the toilet valve to create a auto top off system for
my barrel.

Do I just go to hardware store and buy the whole toilet valve assembly
with the floating ball, etc?

How do I make it stand on my barrel?

Is there smaller sized valve available so that it won't take up so much
space?
There are much smaller, all plastic, 'ballcocks' available now which are probably a lot neater and easier to fit and set up that the old ball, arm and brass valve type and come as a complete unit. The float is screw adjustable.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We use a toilet fill valve. Simple and cheap and effective. Anchored by
cutting a round hole in a tupperware container with rocks in it. We use
the kind with the float right on the shaft of the valve. It just goes
up and down that way. A ballcock extending out would be very vulnerable
to bumping and tipping.

We have a pic on our website. Website below.

Jim