Old 12-09-2005, 04:44 AM
wruess

Default Very strange answer to my _pond_ question

Don't visit a whole lot of newsgroups, but feel like I just regressed to
like the 5th grade or something. I posted a question about availability of
a pond product and the thread degenerated into a ****ing contest between /
among totally inane, immature people. Does this happen to most newsgroups
these days, or something peculiar to the rec.ponds group? Donno but in any
case I must unsubcribe and get my info elsewhere - can't believe _anyone_
puts up with this. Actually, can't believe that anyone has so little to do
with their time that they spend time posting garbage on newsgroups.
.....wondering if there is a rec.ponds group for adults only - something
moderated so you can just eliminate the trash. Oh well, back to my pond -
take care everyone.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 03:44:23 GMT, "wruess" wrote:
or something peculiar to the rec.ponds group?

I've always thought that ponders were peculiar, and why I so easily became
one. ;o)

Some of us have been here a really, really long time and are trying to
stick with it, but I think with winter coming this is going to be one very
quiet place.... ~ jan

Old 12-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Reel Mckoi

"wruess" wrote in message
.. .
Don't visit a whole lot of newsgroups, but feel like I just regressed to
like the 5th grade or something. I posted a question about availability
of a pond product and the thread degenerated into a ****ing contest
between / among totally inane, immature people. Does this happen to most
newsgroups these days, or something peculiar to the rec.ponds group?

# It happens to any NG that wecomes and feeds trolls, imposters,
sock-puppets, net-stalkers and other such posters. I've been here on and
off for 9 years and never saw it degenerate to this level. But I'm not
leaving. :-)

Donno but in any
case I must unsubcribe and get my info elsewhere - can't believe _anyone_
puts up with this.

# There's little choice. Herr Pondmeister started a moderated NG you may
find appealing. I expect many posters will be going there soon if this
continues.

Actually, can't believe that anyone has so little to do
with their time that they spend time posting garbage on newsgroups.
....wondering if there is a rec.ponds group for adults only - something
moderated so you can just eliminate the trash. Oh well, back to my pond -
take care everyone.

## Be good and good luck with your fish and pond!
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 12-09-2005, 06:26 PM
///Owen\\\\\\

"wruess" wrote in message
.. .
Don't visit a whole lot of newsgroups, but feel like I just regressed to
like the 5th grade or something. I posted a question about availability
of a pond product and the thread degenerated into a ****ing contest
between / among totally inane, immature people. Does this happen to most
newsgroups these days, or something peculiar to the rec.ponds group?
Donno but in any case I must unsubcribe and get my info elsewhere - can't
believe _anyone_ puts up with this. Actually, can't believe that anyone
has so little to do with their time that they spend time posting garbage
on newsgroups. ....wondering if there is a rec.ponds group for adults
only - something moderated so you can just eliminate the trash. Oh well,
back to my pond - take care everyone.

All the newsgroups I've subscribed to have been attacked by idiots. If we,
the subscribers who actually are ponders, never, ever respond to their
drivel they will eventually go somewhere else.

John

Old 13-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered User

Location: Alderney, Channel Islands

Quote:

All the newsgroups I've subscribed to have been attacked by idiots. If we,
the subscribers who actually are ponders, never, ever respond to their
drivel they will eventually go somewhere else.

John
Exactly, now can we get back to something vaguely pond related, please?