Old 15-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Carolyn

Default SLUGS!

My husband just plucked several huge 3" or so slugs our of my mom's pond
skimmer! GROSS! Are these good or bad for the pond? Just another thought,
would they make good fishing bait???

Old 15-09-2005, 03:54 PM
~Roy

Was one of them named Carol or ReelMckoi by chance?

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:20:19 -0400, "Carolyn"
wrote:

===My husband just plucked several huge 3" or so slugs our of my mom's pond
===skimmer! GROSS! Are these good or bad for the pond? Just another thought,
===would they make good fishing bait???
===

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 15-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Carolyn" wrote in message
My husband just plucked several huge 3" or so slugs our of my mom's pond
skimmer! GROSS! Are these good or bad for the pond? Just another
thought, would they make good fishing bait???

=============================
My koi love them! Whenever I find slugs, earthworms or snails I just toss
them into the pond.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 16-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Snooze

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message
"Cracklin'" wrote in message

Is there a reason why you felt the need post this message twice? This kind
of spamming will not be tolerated, no matter what your justification may be.

-S

Old 16-09-2005, 01:48 AM
~Roy

That is not considered spamming..its just plain unadulterated wanna be
a central focal point without any regards to others, as she thinks she
owns this forum.......but Jabriol owns her!
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:27:28 GMT, "Snooze" wrote:

===
==="Reel Mckoi" wrote in message
. dk...
==="Cracklin'" wrote in message
===
===

Old 16-09-2005, 04:50 AM
cat daddy

"Snooze" wrote in message
m...

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message
"Cracklin'" wrote in message

Is there a reason why you felt the need post this message twice? This kind
of spamming will not be tolerated, no matter what your justification may

be.

I think Carol has lost track to what she's replied while maintaining all
her "identities" during this posting frenzy. It makes no sense to any
rational being, but I'm sure there's some whacked out excuse in Carol's
garbled brain.

Old 16-09-2005, 06:29 AM
cat daddy

Coming from a lying hypocrite, your cut and paste whining means nothing,
Carol.

"KathyII" wrote in message
Your trollish message is completely off topic, redundant,
inflammatory, petty, childish and a total waste of bandwidth.
You add nothing to the newsgroup rec.ponds but childish personal
attacks. Learn to use a killfile. You're also adding to the
problem you claimed you wanted to see end.

In article
"cat daddy" wrote:

Snooze" wrote in message
m...

Old 16-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Carolyn" wrote in message
Our koi aren't anywhere near big enough to eat these things!

========================
Then just get rid of them. They wont, and can't harm the fish or pond in
any way. They shouldn't be left to rot in the skimmer.

Old 16-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Jim Humphries

One inch or so slugs are very popular with our Koi. They cannot survive in
water (I believe) so perhaps they fell in from some of your plantings. They
are no good for plants of course.
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Old 17-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Jim Humphries" wrote in message

One inch or so slugs are very popular with our Koi. They cannot survive
in water (I believe) so perhaps they fell in from some of your plantings.
They are no good for plants of course.
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Koi also love those brown-headed fat white grubs that thrive in compost
piles. My koi gorge on them in the spring when I spread the compost over
the flower beds. I toss the grubs in an empty coffee can, then into the
ponds.