Old 16-03-2003, 03:32 PM
John Rutz

Default plants and water

OK folks

I think that both water celery and Iris will grow well in "fast" moving
water someone correct me if Im wrong
Im in the process of redoing the piping in my pond and some plants will
have to be right on top of the outlets (1200 gph )

2nd question will cattail jump a pot??? (they are planted in dishpans)
--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at:
http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 17-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Tom La Bron

John,

My water celery has water cascading right into the middle of it. I use it
like an inpond bog filter. By July the water celery has formed a ball of
green about 3 feet in diameter. My iris are right next to a cascade and
have done fine. Last year my water movement was about 2,900 gph and this
year it should be about 4,000 gph. Does seem to bother either plant.

Tom L.L.

Old 17-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

"John Rutz" wrote in message

OK folks

I think that both water celery and Iris will grow well in "fast" moving
water someone correct me if Im wrong
Im in the process of redoing the piping in my pond and some plants will
have to be right on top of the outlets (1200 gph )

2nd question will cattail jump a pot??? (they are planted in dishpans)
--
John Rutz

Hi John,

I also have not problems with water celery in
the waters spill, I don't know about iris. Mine
are in the bog.
Cattails can jump a pot. Mine jumped the first
pot, but just hung over the side of the pot. I
found it and then repotted in a dishpan also. It
has not needed to be repotted since, but I may in
the future.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 18-03-2003, 09:08 PM
John Rutz

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
Tom La Bron wrote:

John,

My water celery has water cascading right into the middle of it. I
use it
like an inpond bog filter. By July the water celery has formed a ball of
green about 3 feet in diameter. My iris are right next to a cascade and
have done fine. Last year my water movement was about 2,900 gph and this
year it should be about 4,000 gph. Does seem to bother either plant.

Tom L.L.

Hi John,

I also have not problems with water celery in
the waters spill, I don't know about iris. Mine
are in the bog.
Cattails can jump a pot. Mine jumped the first
pot, but just hung over the side of the pot. I
found it and then repotted in a dishpan also. It
has not needed to be repotted since, but I may in
the future.

thanks for the rreplys,, would you believe it 70d sat, got everything
ready for the changes, 40d &

wind from sun to today snow now till weekend whahopppen to spring??

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at: