Old 24-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Mosquito fish disappearing? and Algae

I have two barrel a higher one pouring to another. The higher barrel
have mosquito fish. And the bottom one has goldfishes. The mosquito
fish has been disappearing, I can't seem to find them.
The upper barrel also has alot of algae.

I am having some kind of tiny bugs that jumps on the surface of water.
Also I see something like looked like adult mosquito but a white/green
color. What are these?

Would it help if I put a goldfish in the upper barrel to clean the
algae and various bugs? The bottom barrel with goldfish is noticably
cleaner.

Thanks!

Old 25-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Reel Mckoi

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have two barrel a higher one pouring to another. The higher barrel
have mosquito fish. And the bottom one has goldfishes. The mosquito
fish has been disappearing, I can't seem to find them.
The upper barrel also has alot of algae.

I am having some kind of tiny bugs that jumps on the surface of water.
Also I see something like looked like adult mosquito but a white/green
color. What are these?

Would it help if I put a goldfish in the upper barrel to clean the
algae and various bugs? The bottom barrel with goldfish is noticably
cleaner.

==================================
Goldfish will help clean up the algae and any insects they can get. They
may also be eating the mosquito fish if they're small enough to fit in their
mouths. The mosquito fish may be going right down with the water flow where
the goldfish await below for the snack.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Best Mosquito and Bug Killer? Mosquito Magnet? Spray? Net? [email protected] Gardening 5 28-05-2008 07:24 AM
Disappearing fish cbbode Ponds 11 18-07-2005 04:03 PM
Algae free fish tank vs Algae fish tank -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 23-10-2003 03:03 AM
Mosquito Deleto vs. Mosquito Magnet MarkG Gardening 1 10-06-2003 10:20 AM
Fish Disappearing...any ideas?? FIRE224U Ponds 5 29-01-2003 04:47 PM