Old 17-10-2005, 11:49 PM
~Roy

Default Cats

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:33:24 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:

Not a dam thing worth reading.

First off you folks need to understand Derek and his cronies..they
have to be the only ones with the correct method or answer, or its not
plausible......if argued with they get sulled up like a little kid and
go pout for a few days....

So y'all cut that asshole and his cronies a bit of slack........

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 17-10-2005, 05:26 PM
San Diego Joe

"Cecil" wrote:

We love cats and own a cat.....an INDOOR cat. Our neighbors (two
different neighbors) own more than one cat and they stay outdoors
all night and most of the day (the cats, not the neighbors). Problem
is, one cat loves to fish. She's the only cat I've caught in the act,
so I'm blaming her for all the torture that has befallen on our koi and
goldfish.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to keep these sweeties away
from our precious fish, please advise. We have tried speaking
to the neighbors. What a laugh!

Cecil

Try a scarecrow. It's a motion activated sprinkler that will emit a five
second spray of water. Works well for herons too.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 29-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Clurrie

Cecil wrote:
We love cats and own a cat.....an INDOOR cat. Our neighbors (two
different neighbors) own more than one cat and they stay outdoors
all night and most of the day (the cats, not the neighbors). Problem
is, one cat loves to fish. She's the only cat I've caught in the act,
so I'm blaming her for all the torture that has befallen on our koi and
goldfish.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to keep these sweeties away
from our precious fish, please advise. We have tried speaking
to the neighbors. What a laugh!

Cecil

One thing that works, I find, for any animal is electric fencers like
those sold for farmers. They put out about 5000 VDC pulses (about the
same as a car spark plug receives) through wire impregnated
polypropylene string mounted via plastic insulators on 2x2 inch posts.
I bought mine for about $100 Canadian from a farm supply outfit. It
runs on 115 VAC current but they are available solar powered if no AC
current is available. Mine will electrify about 10 miles of wire, so
you can circle the pond many times... Put the wire cat intercepting
height and I can almost guarantee that your fish will be safe. Won't
harm the cat but will make it jump about 6 feet high when it touches the
wire (ever accidently touch a leaky spark plug wire)?

Don't forget to unplug the unit before working close to the wire or
you'll jump too! Also, it's better to keep the grass clipped (I use the
power trimmer) so as not to short the pulse to ground...

It definetly works for cats, racoons, mink, anything that isn't an
electric eel!

Good luck!

Clurrie
"Fish are like any other pet, except they're a bit more slimy."

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM