Old 11-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Carl Beyer

Default Euthansia :-(

Well, the chlorine has done its damage. I have one gold fish and my
largest koi (20") on the bottom of the pond. They are both still alive,
but upside down and gasping for air. I assume at this point the process
is lost.

I thought about bringing them to the surface and a quick wack on the
head, but kinda like killing family...

Any suggestions, or will this all be over in a matter of hours anyway...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com
Old 11-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Koi-lo

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
Well, the chlorine has done its damage. I have one gold fish and my
largest koi (20") on the bottom of the pond. They are both still alive,
but upside down and gasping for air. I assume at this point the process
is lost.

## Sadly, it appears that way. If the dechlorinator and aeration didn't
help them, then they are goners.

I thought about bringing them to the surface and a quick wack on the
head, but kinda like killing family...

## Freezing them would be kinder.

Any suggestions, or will this all be over in a matter of hours anyway...

--
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shastadaisy

Old 12-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Bindi

Carl Beyer wrote:
Well, the chlorine has done its damage. I have one gold fish and my
largest koi (20") on the bottom of the pond. They are both still
alive, but upside down and gasping for air. I assume at this point
the process is lost.

I thought about bringing them to the surface and a quick wack on the
head, but kinda like killing family...

Any suggestions, or will this all be over in a matter of hours
anyway...

Carl

Hi, Carl.
It's probably too late but you could go and buy a few big containers of spring water and a
tub and transfer them to that and add an air bubbler. If they were mine and they didn't
have a chance I would put them out of their misery and stop their suffering. Ice water and
then the freezer is more humane. I am sorry this happened to them and you.

Bindi.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Carl Beyer

Default Thanks to all

Part of the process of ponding is dealing with accidents and
emergencies. Thanks to all who helped us through our first trial by
fire.

Our big koi and a couple of 6" chubunkins bought the farm, but we still
have one big butterfly koi and a number of other similar sized
chubunkins doing just fine.

Why the situation was so indiscriminant is a mystery to me. Would like
to be enlightened on why the chlorine burn was so selective

Old 12-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Koi-lo

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
Part of the process of ponding is dealing with accidents and
emergencies. Thanks to all who helped us through our first trial by
fire.

Our big koi and a couple of 6" chubunkins bought the farm, but we still
have one big butterfly koi and a number of other similar sized
chubunkins doing just fine.

Why the situation was so indiscriminant is a mystery to me. Would like
to be enlightened on why the chlorine burn was so selective

==================
Some will always be healthier or for some reason more resistant to such
incidents, be they dogs, people, fish, birds,....whatever. I'm happy some
of them lived for you.
--
Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...

Old 12-11-2005, 02:14 PM

the largest fish are usually the ones who die first from a lack of oxygen. that is
spelled shubunkin... Ingrid

Carl Beyer wrote:

Part of the process of ponding is dealing with accidents and
emergencies. Thanks to all who helped us through our first trial by
fire.

Our big koi and a couple of 6" chubunkins bought the farm, but we still
have one big butterfly koi and a number of other similar sized
chubunkins doing just fine.

Why the situation was so indiscriminant is a mystery to me. Would like
to be enlightened on why the chlorine burn was so selective

Carl

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE