Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-11-2005, 08:39 PM posted to rec.ponds
The Space Boss

Default UPDATE ON MY POND

It's been a while since I posted here, but just an update:

I got two filters/pumps installed in my pond. It took a while, but the
water seems to be a LOT CLEANER now, and much less smelly. And I'm sure
the fish appreciate the oxygen.

The other day, I noticed one of my fish was dead. When I fished him
out, he looked, shall we say, a little PLUMP!!! Could it be I'm feeding
the fish too much?? I feed them twice a day usually, pretty good
helpings if they seem to be really hungry. They don't seem to be as
hungry as it gets colder.

The lilly pads are dying and decaying now. Should I fish them out of
the pond to keep it clean, or should I let the fish feed off the
decaying pads?

Thanks.

LG Update: Birds of America (was Alexis Bledel update) Rob Jensen Ponds 0 26-12-2007 12:03 AM
Pond Tragedy*UPDATE* NJ Ponds 2 27-06-2003 02:56 AM
Update on Lotus Pond Nedra Ponds 0 29-04-2003 06:08 AM
Shareholders Pond; A Status Update BenignVanilla Ponds 7 08-04-2003 04:08 PM
Pond development update (longish) and a question Tony Sanders Ponds 1 26-03-2003 10:20 PM