Old 07-04-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Shareholders Pond; A Status Update

Status Issues
1. The pond is now unofficially named "Shareholders Pond", in honor of the
many members that have become part of the project.

2. The VF is dug. It is about 10 feet wide and 5 feet across. The pond will
feed one end which will be (I want to dig this area deeper, right now it is
just 12 inches deep) about 24 inches deep. The pump sits at the opposite end
in about 16 inches of water. The remaining space varies in depths of 8-14
inches (Picture speed bumps). I am trying an experiment to see if the deep
feed, and varying depths before the pump help with sediment fallout.

3. I began grading the area around the pond and VF this weekend. I now
realize that without filling my yard in and raising my shed, and my
neighbors shed, I won't get a nice natural grade. So for this phase, the
dirt on the low side will just be piled there. At the end of the season, if
I have budget I will build a retaining wall that will look much nicer.

4. Now that the area is graded a bit, I can see I have a low spot on the
pond edge. I started scraping back about 2-3 inches of dirt to allow the
liner to overlap the pond edges. I am working to level this line, so I can
minimize exposed liner. I don't want to see liner if at all possible.

Task for This Week
1. Get some pictures on-line
2. Determine pump size
3. Determine actual size of ponds, as they have turned out a bit bigger then
expected.
4. Find source for liner and order liner
5. Get plumbing in the ground

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

Old 07-04-2003, 10:08 PM
~ jan

Onward BV! ) ~ jan

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:06:15 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

[...]

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 07-04-2003, 11:08 PM
mad

you are a workaholic. i'm impressed!
mad
--
You cannot make anyone love you but you can let yourself be loved.

Old 08-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Nedra

BV, Who needs entertainment when we have you?
I'll bet your wife appreciates you a bunch!

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 08-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Nedra

Hey BV, Well Gosh ... I didn't put a *laugh*, smile or
anything on my post .... of course it is meant in jest.
Not the part about your wife though

Nedra

rthlink.net...

Old 08-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Good going BV. My vote is that we will keep you as our CPO (Chief Pond
Official) as you are doing a great job, both with the pond, and with keeping
us posted!

Where are the pictures? We will appreciate the picture of the ground before
you get started, and progress!

I'm beginning to feel quizy that this whole community pond may just be a
sham! Just to get our hopes up for nada! ;-) :-) :-) lol . Meant to be a
joke! Trying to be funny! Hah hah hah!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 08-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Hey BV, Well Gosh ... I didn't put a *laugh*, smile or
anything on my post .... of course it is meant in jest.
Not the part about your wife though

I gotcha...she has very strong eye muscles...from rolling them constantly.

BV.

Old 08-04-2003, 04:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Good going BV. My vote is that we will keep you as our CPO (Chief Pond
Official) as you are doing a great job, both with the pond, and with

keeping
us posted!

Where are the pictures? We will appreciate the picture of the ground

before
you get started, and progress!

I'm beginning to feel quizy that this whole community pond may just be a
sham! Just to get our hopes up for nada! ;-) :-) :-) lol . Meant to be

joke! Trying to be funny! Hah hah hah!

I have pics, I swear. They are coming. Life has just been so busy.

BV.