Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-03-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Pond Digging 101

Lesson #4832 - When digging a pond hole, do not deposit dirt in trailer near
new pond hole.

I have a small trailer, maybe a cubic yard or so in size, sitting next to
the pond hole. As I have been digging, I cart the dirt (aka clay) away and
use it around the yard. The trailer sat there all winter and apparently
gained some moisture which made it quite heavy. Saturday, I went out to do
some more digging. As I began to toss dirt (aka water soaked clay) into the
trailer, I did not notice I had placed more on the backend then on the
frontend of the trailer. As the trailer filled with dirt (aka really
freakin' heavy water soaked clay), it began to tilt on it's axle. Moments
later the entire trailer of SUPER HEAVY WATER SOAKED CLAY dumped...right
back into the hole.

This does not bode well at all.

--
BenignVanilla
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.

pond lighting 101 k conover Ponds 13 04-08-2004 03:21 PM
Filter Design 101 Question AngrieWoman Ponds 10 30-05-2003 04:20 PM
[IBC] 101 Chemistry Lesson randi sharp Bonsai 0 27-03-2003 04:08 AM
Water Hyacinth 101? Lee Brouillet Ponds 19 18-03-2003 07:44 PM
[IBC] root theory 101 Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 3 27-01-2003 04:26 AM