Old 02-04-2003, 06:20 AM
REBEL JOE

Default pitcher plant (Indina cup)

I am trying to find this plant. I saw this plant in a book, it said it
makes a good bog pant it looks awesome. The scientific name is
(sarracenia purpurea). Can anyone tell me about this plant will it hurt
the fish. And where can I find it.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 02-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Rebel Joe,

Don't know how good that a Purple Pitcher Plant
would be as a bog plant for a KOI or goldfish pond
because its habitat is suppose to be:
a.. Country of Origin: Eastern N. America -
Labrador, south to Kentucky, Iowa and F
b.. Habitat: Sphagnous bogs and peaty barrens.
Beings its habitat is Sphagnous bogs and peaty
barrens, this suggests requirements for growth are
for an acid plant medium. In your KOI or goldfish
pond and a connected veggie filter I would tend to
think that the pH of your environment would not be
advantageous to this plant.

Tom L.L..

on.webtv.net...

Old 05-04-2003, 02:56 AM
RichToyBox

Go to http://www.pitcherplant.com/ and see all the types they have
available. They also have the recommended means of creating what they call
a bog garden for these plants.
--
RichToyBox