Old 05-04-2003, 05:08 AM
mad

Default Your Pond Pics

here's mine, BV. use both URLs because i have pix on both of them.
mad
--
See my zone 8B pond:
http://community.webshots.com/album/14478479WdPMkPBPmt

Rec.ponds FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html
Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein...
Prov 26:27

From: "BenignVanilla" m
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:01:02 -0500
Subject: Your Pond Pics

It's that time of year again, when I dump my current web site, and redesign
it. Since I will have a pond section this year, I thought it would be cool
to link to the other rec.ponders out there.

Anyone care to share their URL's? I know I can get them from sigs, but I
want to make sure I get everyone that is interested, so I thought I would
start a new thread.
--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

Old 05-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Chi Tran

Hi Steele, saw your ponds. That's beautiful and awesome how you got those
hyacinths to bloome flower! Mine just dry out and die during the hot
summer. What's your secret? Bring it indoor during the hot days? Also, do
you use watercress to control your string algae?

Thanks for sharing your ponds.

- Chi

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
BV,

You are welcome to use mine also.
--
RichToyBox

"BenignVanilla" m wrote

in
message ...

Old 05-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Nedra

Reminds me of my ponds links....

My Backyard Pond:

My Lotus Pond:

Nedra

From: "BenignVanilla" m

Newsgroups: rec.ponds

Old 06-04-2003, 03:08 AM
RichToyBox

Chi,

I have had hyacinths every year for seven years. Got them to bloom two
years. The secret, or so I am told, is to crowd them. I grew them in the
veggie filter, and they got to be about 30 inches tall, and were so crowded,
that to get one out, you destroyed about 10. I have been able to winter
them over, in the "koi greenhouse" the last couple of years. During the
winter they grow, but not much. As soon as I double the fish food in the
spring, they grow like crazy. I already need to thin them out, but will
have to wait for the cover to come off to get to them. I have never tried
watercress. The veggie filters have a few iris, lots of parrots feather,
lettuce and hyacinths.
--
RichToyBox

y.com...

Old 06-04-2003, 06:08 AM
~ jan

Here tis, ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 07-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I apologize for not knowing who is who around here sometimes. Now correct
me if I'm wrong JJ, do you and Lee have same pond?

BTW, I spent this weekend analyzing your pond, and making plans to build a
replica. Ran into a little snag! Can't get the barrels into the ground to
get the siphon to work! I figure that using the siphon to get the waste
into the filter keeps them (waste) from getting broken up by the pump
impellers! Sweet. Shame it doesn't work for me now.

Also, Jan, can I get a quick lecture on trickle tower. How it is set up,
how it works, and does it have to be in series with anything else?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"~ jan" wrote in message
Here tis, ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

==----------
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers

=-----

Old 08-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Jim

Hi, BV.

Anyone care to share their URL's?

You can .....
use mine
Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248

Old 08-04-2003, 03:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Jim" wrote in message
news:0F518E623FEEF8CE.13C610573117BB90.735893E1265 ...
Hi, BV.

Anyone care to share their URL's?

You can .....
use mine
Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248

Thanks to everyone...I have been adding all of these to my content manager.
I am in the process of a major overhaul so I won't be moving the site
on-line until I have most the content in. I will be sure to let you all know
when I have it done. Thanks for the support.

And as I said before...if anyone wants pics of their ponds posted but does
not have space...by all means send them my way, and I will be happy to post
them on my site for you. No charge.

BV.

Old 15-04-2003, 07:44 AM
~ jan

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:32:04 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

I apologize for not knowing who is who around here sometimes. Now correct
me if I'm wrong JJ, do you and Lee have same pond?

No, how you get confused on that?

BTW, I spent this weekend analyzing your pond, and making plans to build a
replica. Ran into a little snag! Can't get the barrels into the ground to
get the siphon to work! I figure that using the siphon to get the waste
into the filter keeps them (waste) from getting broken up by the pump
impellers! Sweet. Shame it doesn't work for me now.

Yes, that's what is nice about have the pump at the end.

Also, Jan, can I get a quick lecture on trickle tower. How it is set up,
how it works, and does it have to be in series with anything else?

John R. would be the trickle tower expert. ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 17-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Jeff Spicoli

"Chi Tran" wrote in
.com:

Mine is at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/chivantran

- Chi

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote in message ...
It's that time of year again, when I dump my current web site, and
redesign it. Since I will have a pond section this year, I thought it
would be cool to link to the other rec.ponders out there.

Anyone care to share their URL's? I know I can get them from sigs, but
I want to make sure I get everyone that is interested, so I thought I
would start a new thread.
--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

Wow! That is a great looking pond!!

--
Post ads w/ photos for FREE! Dealers welcome.
http://VehicleSeek.com

Old 17-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Jeff Spicoli

Jim wrote in
news:0F518E623FEEF8CE.13C610573117BB90.735893E1265 :

Hi, BV.

Anyone care to share their URL's?

You can .....
use mine
Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248

Being I am getting ready to build our first pond, it was enjoyable look at
your pictures of the whole process.

Thanks and great job!

Old 01-05-2003, 05:08 PM

Default Pond Pics

Wonderful Pics! And beautiful yard and pond.

--
Tina Breeds

USNMC Rescue
http://www.neorescue.org/
vsit my webshots page to see my pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/tityger
Animals are Kind to Dumb People
"DaBear" wrote in message
Hello, it's been quite some time since I've posted anything to the group,
and I've never posted any pictures.
Last week I managed to get the final piece of my zero budget pond project

in
place ( Thanks Boris for all the help) and opperating. All I need to do

now
is build a new rock wall around it, back fill, landscape and hide all the
parts that look un natural.
I should be finished by the end of the summer.
If you'd like to see what you can do with almost no money and plenty of
time, take a look.
http://community.webshots.com/user/dragonladynw

Bear

Old 01-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Nedra

Wow! Beautiful ... I can't decided what I like best ... the pond
and environs or the kitty cats!! Very impressive.

Nedra

Old 01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Nedra

I also noticed all the moss and greenie things all over. I used these
to try to locate where you are. I'm going with the Pacific North
West. Right or Wrong?

Nedra

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Very nice - the rocks have lots of moss on them, which makes them look

like
they've been there for ages. Really nice - especially for no $$$! G I've
dumped lots of money into mine, and it doesn't look that nice. Congrats!

Lee

"DaBear" wrote in message
Hello, it's been quite some time since I've posted anything to the

group,
and I've never posted any pictures.
Last week I managed to get the final piece of my zero budget pond

project
in
place ( Thanks Boris for all the help) and opperating. All I need to do

now
is build a new rock wall around it, back fill, landscape and hide all

the
parts that look un natural.
I should be finished by the end of the summer.
If you'd like to see what you can do with almost no money and plenty of
time, take a look.
http://community.webshots.com/user/dragonladynw

Bear

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way. [email protected] Gardening 1 20-02-2008 03:27 PM
TT was Your Pond Pics John Rutz Ponds 5 16-04-2003 04:56 PM
Orchids in the Kitchen window - Thanks for sharing your pics profpam Orchids 2 25-02-2003 04:39 AM