Old 04-04-2003, 11:20 PM
zookeeper

Default Parrot feather; was rec pond ponders

The best way to get rid of parrot feather is to make shallow piles on
patio or driveway, and let the sun dry it out (of course you have to
wait for hot, sunny months to do this). It's then very easy to shred or
crunch into pieces. Even then I'd burn it or put it in a HOT compost
pile if you really want to get rid of it.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond

K30a wrote:
Last year I battled with parrot's feather in the Frog Bog (a still pond). I
took out tons and tossed it on the compost where it continued to grow!!

Eventually the stuff got covered by grass clippings and winter came. It should
be dead.
Today I was tossing around the compost and my pitchfork got tied up in......
parrot's feather. It was alive under the grass clippings and GREEN and growing! ...