Old 05-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Tracey Legel

Default Cal hang on skimmer

I am looking at the Cal hang on skimmer to add to my pond. I have a home
made in the pond skimmer now, but would like something that can adjust to
up and down water levels more than my home made one does. Is anyone using
one of these? I would like to know how much the water level can vary and
the skimmer still work? I add water as needed, but do not have an automatic
top off system, so the water level goes up and down, especially on windy
days.

Tracey

Old 07-04-2003, 05:44 AM
~ jan

Hi Tracy,

I did a search on Google and found this skimmer, I don't quite understand
how it works or attaches. The side skimmers I am familiar with do seem to
have an optimum level at which they draw best. The one skimmer I know that
draws at a continual speed with a surface level that can variety 4 to 6" is
the No-Nitch Skimmer http://www.fancykoioutlet.com/index.html click on
skimmers & drains in the left-hand index. ~ jan

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 20:30:53 -0600, "Tracey Legel" wrote:

I am looking at the Cal hang on skimmer to add to my pond. I have a home
made in the pond skimmer now, but would like something that can adjust to
up and down water levels more than my home made one does. Is anyone using
one of these? I would like to know how much the water level can vary and
the skimmer still work? I add water as needed, but do not have an automatic
top off system, so the water level goes up and down, especially on windy
days.

Tracey

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/