Old 04-03-2006, 10:00 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default spring cleaning, new/old water ratio?

I transferred my 2 barrel ponds (40 gallons total), water, fish and
plants are now in a rubbermaid tote. I was wondering to refill the
pond, how much old water should I use? The old water has a brown tint
to it.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

wrote in message
ups.com...
I transferred my 2 barrel ponds (40 gallons total), water, fish and
plants are now in a rubbermaid tote. I was wondering to refill the
pond, how much old water should I use? The old water has a brown tint
to it.

=====================
NONE! Just make sure you acclimate your fish to the NEW WATER which may
have a very different PH etc. Put them in a tote with a little of their old
water and over a period of hours add a bit new water, a little more and a
little more until they're in at least 80 to 90% new water before moving them
back.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 05-03-2006, 03:29 AM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

After a day, the chlorine will beout of it. You can use new water if the
chlorine and chloramines are out of it. The fish would need to get
aclimated...generally by slow mix of old and new in a floating container.

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net
ups.com...