Old 15-04-2006, 07:20 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Default Pond lights

A lot of places here seem to sell coloured underwater lights for ponds. Not
that I want them, but I'm curious.......don't they upset the fish?

--
ßôyþëtë
(London, UK)

Old 15-04-2006, 08:24 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

BoyPete wrote:
A lot of places here seem to sell coloured underwater lights for ponds. Not
that I want them, but I'm curious.......don't they upset the fish?

Yeah, I've seen them too - not only for ponds but for aquariums as well
and they "flash".....

Whether they are good or bad for fish I don't know - certainly in the
aquarium world a lot of people use coloured lights to enhance growth of
plants or the display of their fish...the flashing I would say is a no,
no....but then if your tempted to put them in imagine this....

You go out and install some lovely coloured disco lights (and that is
what they really are)...fish seem happy but a little furtive...then one
evening you go out to do the feed....you blink a few times...are you
imagining it but are your fish really dressed the way that you think
they are...the boys in white suits...the girls in skirts so short you
raise your eyebrows...and the white stilletos on their fins is way too
much...Oh, and the bling jewelery (hands thrown up in horror). And did
you really see your favourite Koi rushing to the bottom of the pond with
a bottle of Bud....you go back in the house and spend the next few hours
pouring away any alcohol that you have down the sink....

Night falls...off you go to bed and start to doze....then you start
hearing strains of "Staying Alive" - you blink a few times and then go
down and check out the back of your CD collection (you know the dusty
bit where we all hide purchases that we now regret) and yep, you weren't
imagining it....your Saturday Night Fever soundtrack CD has gone
AWOL....you look out the window...the lawn is strewn with empty bottles
of Bud and cocktail umbrellas...and then you hear the knock on the
door.....and......

.....it is your frog hating neighbour begging you to get the frogs
back....at least they kept the fish under control and were quieter - he,he

So be warned...don't provide disco lights to fish...they WILL take advantage

Gill
Old 15-04-2006, 09:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
2pods

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
BoyPete wrote:
[...]

Come on Gill, this is funny stuff !
I want the comedy PFK column :-)

Peter

Old 15-04-2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

BoyPete wrote:

[...]

This is the second time in so many days you have suggested this...are
you on the payroll????

Old 16-04-2006, 12:00 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

"Gill Passman" wrote in message

....it is your frog hating neighbour begging you to get the frogs
back....at least they kept the fish under control and were quieter - he,he

LOL!!!! And lets not forget the drift of cig.smoke and butts tossed over
the fence. My frogs are model citizens in comparison. ;-) ~ jan

-----------------

Old 16-04-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

~ janj wrote:
"Gill Passman" wrote in message

....it is your frog hating neighbour begging you to get the frogs
back....at least they kept the fish under control and were quieter - he,he

LOL!!!! And lets not forget the drift of cig.smoke and butts tossed over
the fence. My frogs are model citizens in comparison. ;-) ~ jan

Yeah, but once you put the lights in your fish will not only be chucking
ciggie butts but bottles over the fence too....LOL
Old 16-04-2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.ponds
2pods

BoyPete wrote:

[...]

No, I'm a subscriber, but they need a writer like you.

Peter