Old 16-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Glenn S.

Default pond deicer

yea, we have the same thing at our house. I actually have two ponds and
each has a pond de-icer in it. The small animals are all around the front
yard pond (ground level, hard plastic pond liners) where they can more
easily get to the open water but we've also seen some larger animals at the
back yard pond (about one foot above ground level, EPDM liner) where they
can stand up and drink from the edge of the pond. Even with the snow
blizzard we are experiencing this weekend, it's all very settling to just
sit back and watch nature.

ponds, etc http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/index.html

gds
Harpers Ferry, WV
2002 Flagstaff 228D Pop-up FOR SALE
.... ----- http://ICanHelp56.homestead.com/Camper001.html

"IanQ" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I have the 100 watt version, and it will actually cut through a hole.

Have used it all winter (and we have had a cold winter!), not a single
problem. Birds love it too as they have an open water source(actually, the
hares and stray cats all appear to use the hole too).

"Mosfunland" wrote in message
Well I got one at the local petstore today....since the bubbler has

frozen
over
and we are getting more snow tomorrow.....I plugged it in and put it on

the
ice....do you think it will defrost itself a hole???? any suggestions?

I drilled holes last week and got the bubbler up and running with new

tubing
etc, but it froze over...really frustrating....especially knowing how
disasterous it has been so far.

Maureen in Phila....thanks for any further assistance.

Old 17-02-2003, 03:15 PM
GACinMass

My bubbler keeps pumping, no problem, but when it gets really cold the opening
freezes over anyway. I solved this by suspending a 60 watt utility lamp (like
car mechanics use) inside a 2' cubed box and placing this upside down over the
hole. Despite the cold weather here in Boston the hole has remained open.

~ Gary

Stocktank deicer failure [email protected] Ponds 6 17-01-2005 11:24 PM
POND DEICER Mainpin Ponds 1 27-10-2003 07:12 PM
my first pond and other first pond Scott Vande Krol Ponds 7 29-06-2003 07:08 PM
Leaves/Debris in Pond- Clean out in Koi Pond? MC Ponds 2 28-05-2003 03:08 PM
Shareholders Pond is an EPDM Pond BenignVanilla Ponds 5 28-04-2003 02:08 PM