Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 AM posted to rec.ponds
Wayner

Default Pond pump bypass help needed

Thanks for the great read of all the interesting posts! I have a question:
we have an out of pond pressure filter system. The pond's only about 300
gals and the pump's at the bottom of it.
The output of the filter is split, with one hose going to a water feature
(above the pond surface) and the (controlled) bypass hose going directly
back into the bottom of the pond just under some fish hideout rock ledges we
created. But I think this may be causing too much disturbance to our finned
friends.

Instead of laying the outlet bypass hose out on the bottom, would it be
better to just cut it back and dip the hose down the side of the pond and
about 1 foot up from the bottom?

Your thoughts? Thanks. Wayne