Old 26-05-2006, 02:52 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default May/25th Thursday. WELCOME TO REC.PONDS!

X-Zenia wrote:
Welcome to rec.ponds!

Some of us are still here, despite the constant noise of cross
posted off-topic messages and mindless personal attacks on
others by a troll.

You got to wonder what these trolls/slugs must be/look like.

Anyways, an update on my pond.

As some may recall I asked a number of questions before building it.
Well, between my prior aquarium knowledge and some of the advice I
received from this NG everything, so far, has worked out great. After
letting the tap water age for about a week, I next stocked the pond --
7'W X 8'L x 2'D -- full of plants. A few days later, I added a few
small minnows. A week after that I dropped in a small slider turtle, a
few newts, and a frog. As of today, the plants are growing and
flowering, the minnows have had babies and the turtle, frog and newts
show themselves from time to time. I only have a small pump (with a
pre-filter) that powers my small waterfall and the water is nearly
crystal clear. (I never had an algae bloom) Whoever said/says water
gardens/ponds are easy was/is right. And whoever said/says once you
build it you'll soon wish you built a bigger one was/is also right!

Patrick

Please post any questions you have, or simply introduce yourself
under a new header. We have a lot of talented and knowledgeable
people who post
here and they may be able to solve your problem, should you have
one (or more).

If you get a rude obscene or foolish answer to your post, sorry,
but it part of
our ongoing problem. Just ignore it. Someone will post a
rational response to your question.

Please do not feed the trolls while here.

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

Old 26-05-2006, 04:24 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyways, an update on my pond.

As some may recall I asked a number of questions before building it.
Well, between my prior aquarium knowledge and some of the advice I
received from this NG everything, so far, has worked out great. After
letting the tap water age for about a week, I next stocked the pond --
7'W X 8'L x 2'D -- full of plants. A few days later, I added a few
small minnows. A week after that I dropped in a small slider turtle, a
few newts, and a frog. As of today, the plants are growing and
flowering, the minnows have had babies and the turtle, frog and newts
show themselves from time to time.

I bet once that turtle learns where the food is coming from you will see it
a lot more often.

I only have a small pump (with a
pre-filter) that powers my small waterfall and the water is nearly
crystal clear. (I never had an algae bloom) Whoever said/says water
gardens/ponds are easy was/is right. And whoever said/says once you
build it you'll soon wish you built a bigger one was/is also right!

I started with a 150g pond, then went to 800+g, then 2000g...... it's a
true addiction.

Patrick

--
Koi-Lo....