Old 28-05-2006, 05:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Bulbs around the pond

I hope some of you remembered to get some bulbs and put them around the
pond where the water is barely touching the bottom? I noticed I have growth
on several of mine. Anyone else? ~ janj
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 28-05-2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Bulbs around the pond - bulbs?

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

"~ janj" wrote in message
I hope some of you remembered to get some bulbs and put them around the
pond where the water is barely touching the bottom? I noticed I have
growth
on several of mine. Anyone else? ~ janj

===========================
Bulbs? Water barely touching the bottom???? I have daffodils planted
OUTSIDE the liner but they bloomed weeks ago.

Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Disclaimer: Rude, inane or obscene messages are not mine .
The person impersonating me is posting through Earthlink.net.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~~~{@ ~~~~~{@

Old 29-05-2006, 05:10 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Last year the bulbs that I found worked best were related to Glads & Calla
Lilies. The type of bulbs one normally plants in spring and bloom later in
the summer. ~ jan

-----------------
Old 29-05-2006, 03:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Where have you been JAn, I have had them around my pond for years
planted both at water level or under, and alldo just fine. I have one
whole sectin that is nothing but a solid wall of red calla's..Even
snap dragons do fantastic......with wet feet..
The day lilly or asiatic types do not doo well with wet feet......

Old 29-05-2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran

"~ janj" wrote in message
I hope some of you remembered to get some bulbs and put them around the
pond where the water is barely touching the bottom? I noticed I have
growth
on several of mine. Anyone else? ~ janj
--------------

I put some bulbs in a planter on a shelf. I
can't recall what kind they are - and I
can't find my notes! They have a blade-
shaped leaf and IIRC they will bloom. I
had them last year.

I culled about half the plant(s) and put
some in another container without fish
but with water extracted from the above
ground fishtank. They seem to be doing fine.

Gail
near San Antonio TX

Old 29-05-2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Well thats one hell of a freaking note Gail. You plant shit and do not
remember what the hell you planted............I bet even Carol Gulley
can remember what she plants..........she tells so many lies she has
to have a fair memory, unless she gets sidetracked with her many
nyms, then she sort of looses her mind, what little bit there is too
loose........

..On Mon, 29 May 2006 16:32:50 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:
m...