Old 20-06-2006, 01:46 AM posted to rec.ponds
Bill Stock

Default Laguna Powerjet (foam free) update

I bought the Laguna Powerjet Foam free fountain/pump this year. It's
basically a pump inside a plant basket, although I suspect a plant basket
would have more filter area. It's been running in the pond about three weeks
now, with mixed results. It seems to clog daily the last little while. Not
totally the pumps fault, as the neighbour's Honey Locust has dumped about 3"
of crap in the pond since I mucked it out at the start of the month. I'm
somewhat surprised, as the pump is sitting a good foot off the bottom. At
least I know it's got good suction. It's also got an annoying tendency to
fall over, with the suction and the weight of the large Bell fountain. But
they do provide screw holes in the bottom for some ballast, so I'll have to
find a suitable weight.

I finally hooked up the filter and waterfall today (plants have been
handling the Nitrates/Ammonia), but the water is getting a tad muddy. I
bought the pump/fountain to get away from the tiered fountain that kept
clogging with Algae and to get a bit more power for the waterfall. Seems I
might have a bit tooo much power (2400 gph), as the water barely touches the
rock of the waterfall before hitting the pond. The birds used to enjoy the
waterfall, but they don't seem to be into white water. Although I'm sure
it will settle down, once the filter gets a bit dirty.

Old 20-06-2006, 07:11 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:46:20 -0400, "Bill Stock" wrote:

I finally hooked up the filter and waterfall today (plants have been
handling the Nitrates/Ammonia), but the water is getting a tad muddy. I
bought the pump/fountain to get away from the tiered fountain that kept
clogging with Algae and to get a bit more power for the waterfall. Seems I
might have a bit tooo much power (2400 gph), as the water barely touches the
rock of the waterfall before hitting the pond. The birds used to enjoy the
waterfall, but they don't seem to be into white water. Although I'm sure
it will settle down, once the filter gets a bit dirty.

LOL, birds/white water.

If the pump basket in the water continues to clog you might want to remove
the filter material in the basket since you have a filter outside the pond.
All you need is protection so the big stuff.... like small fish/tadpoles,
don't enter the pump. Perhaps take the filter material out and put some big
rocks in, to hold it down? ~ jan

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

Free Website, Free Domain, Free Installation, Free Scripts hostnomi United Kingdom 0 25-03-2008 08:11 AM
Laguna Powerjet 1000 Madd Hatter Ponds 5 14-05-2003 01:44 PM
FS: Laguna Pump Mike Ponds 0 01-05-2003 08:32 PM
Laguna Phosphate Control R.C. Keely Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:11 AM
Laguna Power Flo naki Ponds 2 05-04-2003 07:32 AM