Old 15-08-2006, 12:01 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Need rocks for waterfall

Does anyone know a good source for interesting large boulders for a
backyard waterfall ?
Not limestone, which is not good for the fish in the pond.

Within 150 miles of northern New Jersey.

Old 15-08-2006, 03:35 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know a good source for interesting large boulders for a
backyard waterfall ?
Not limestone, which is not good for the fish in the pond.

Within 150 miles of northern New Jersey.

Any nursery should. Try and find large volcano rocks, because it's light
enough to move around. Granite boulders are incredibly heavy and difficult
to relocate.

-S

Old 15-08-2006, 03:45 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know a good source for interesting large boulders for a
backyard waterfall ?
Not limestone, which is not good for the fish in the pond.

Within 150 miles of northern New Jersey.

When I used to visit my sister in southern
New Hampshire, and my aunt in West Virginia,
during hikes through forests I used to pick up
some rather large rocks which even now I'm
using around the pond and garden.

Maybe a hike through a rocky area where
the landowner wouldn't mind you clearing
some land?

Gail
near San Antonio TX - only little rocks here

Old 15-08-2006, 05:04 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know a good source for interesting large boulders for a
backyard waterfall ?
Not limestone, which is not good for the fish in the pond.

No good for the fish or pond? That is not true unless you're raising fish
that need acidic water to thrive. It's harmless and our fish filled lakes
and rivers are full of limestone here in TN. In our ponds it keeps the
water PH above 7. Someone doesn't want you to use what can be had cheaply
or for free. Someone who probably sells stone.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.