Old 27-11-2006, 03:55 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Final Update for Sunday 11-26-06

Here's the latest:

-I've been in contact with 2 members of Big-8. Both have offered
advice, help and encouragement. I've given then full personal
information about myself.
-I've been in contact with unnamed posters in this group. They
are long-time, trusted, genuine rec.ponders. I have given 2 of them
my personal information.
-I've downloaded 8 different robo-moderation software programs.
I'll be studying them over the next several days.
-I've been in contact with 3 moderated groups, asking for their
advice and help. I also plan to contact several others.
-Be assured that Vorian's RFD is not recognized by Big-8. He
made many mistakes. Big-8 knows who I am and will be waiting for me
to submit the first proposed RFD, hopefully in a couple weeks.
When the genuine RFD is submitted, it will be posted on the
new group called news.groups.proposals Ask your news provider to
add it, and then subscribe to it.. The only opinions Big-8 will
listen to are those posted on that group, which is run and moderated
by Big-8.

Before I submit an RFD to Big-8, I will need a list of persons
who are willing to act as co-moderators. (In addition to the robo
software.)
I need people who would __consider__ acting as co-moderators
to contact me on this group. I will then provide them with all the
material I am working on, so that they can decide whether they want to
be involved.
I will ONLY give this information (and my personal information)
to those persons whose names I recognize and trust as long-time,
honest, genuine rec.ponders.
When all the details are worked out, and we have a list of 3-4-5
co-moderators, then I will publish the first draft of the RFD here,
for comments and imput. Then, after possible revision, I will send it
to Big-8. From that point on, ALL discussion will need to be made on
news.groups.proposals.

-Finally, I ask again that all real rec.ponders please try to
contact former members who have drifted away. We need them back, to
help with the process and the imput.

-PS: I don't like using moderated forums or groups, but
sometimes its the ONLY alternative left. And while some of us know
how to filter out the trash, think about how many well-intended
ponders drifted into this group, took one look, and left. That is
why we need a moderated group. The last couple years have basicly, in
my opinion, been wasted.

-Remember, I'm looking for trusted real rec.ponders who would
CONSIDER being a co-moderator. But no final commitment is needed
until you are given all the facts & proceedures. With 4 or 5, plus a
robo-monitor, the work load per person should not be very much at
all.

I'll probably check back in on Tuesday or Wednesday with more
information & updates, but I will continue to scan the posts here
every day.

george (now some of you know who I really am)

Old 27-11-2006, 04:27 AM posted to rec.ponds

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

wrote in message
Here's the latest:

-I've been in contact with 2 members of Big-8. Both have offered
advice, help and encouragement. I've given then full personal
information about myself.

You are still going to have to deal with the trolls trying to post in other
people's names. I hope you all learn to read headers so you know who the
trolls are and who the legitimate posters are. He's already posting using
your name, impersonating you. It would certainly have helped this group 2
years ago.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.