Old 30-11-2006, 05:39 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Note on newsgroup removal process

I have seen some posts claiming that rec.ponds will be removed if a
moderated version is created. This is extremely unlikely, since such a
thing is expressly against Big 8 policy. Even if a request for removal
were accepted into the RFD process (and I doubt if would get that far), if
people objected to the removal during the discussion, the removal would not
take place.

--
Jayne
Old 30-11-2006, 06:02 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message
.. .
I have seen some posts claiming that rec.ponds will be removed if a
moderated version is created. This is extremely unlikely, since such a
thing is expressly against Big 8 policy. Even if a request for removal
were accepted into the RFD process (and I doubt if would get that far), if
people objected to the removal during the discussion, the removal would
not
take place.

==================
Removal would be unfair to all those who need immediate help with an pond or
fish emergency. It would also be unfair to those who for any reason do not
care to make use of moderated groups. I'm sure there will be others against
removal of rec.ponds. There is no rational logical reason to remove it.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 30-11-2006, 06:04 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:02:09 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message
.. .
I have seen some posts claiming that rec.ponds will be removed if a
moderated version is created. This is extremely unlikely, since such a
thing is expressly against Big 8 policy. Even if a request for removal
were accepted into the RFD process (and I doubt if would get that far), if
people objected to the removal during the discussion, the removal would
not
take place.

==================
Removal would be unfair to all those who need immediate help with an pond or
fish emergency. It would also be unfair to those who for any reason do not
care to make use of moderated groups. I'm sure there will be others against
removal of rec.ponds. There is no rational logical reason to remove it.

Exactly. This is why it is not going to happen. You all should ignore
anyone who claims otherwise.

--
Jayne
Old 30-11-2006, 07:11 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message

Exactly. This is why it is not going to happen. You all should ignore
anyone who claims otherwise.

Jayne, you disappoint me, the amount of time you appear to have spent in
news.groups, I would have thought you would have learnt how to ignore
trolls. We have come to expect koi-lo and her many clones to respond to all
troll bait, but why do you?